In search of effective email backup methods for all you email? Whether, you’re using Gmail, Outlook, Mac email or any other email service, It’s easy to backup email by following just a few steps.
Email is the one of the most effective means of communication today. It is more adaptable than anything else.
You can use email as a letter or maybe a chat, can reply by texting, preferably by sending video or image links. You can give people your email address away without giving your phone number, and it is absolutely safe.
Failures or data crashes can come up in any way. Either from viruses, hard drive crashes, software breakdown, or human faults and could destroy all records, including images, emails, and other files.
While we talk about Gmail emails backup. there are circumstances when you delete an email for more than 30 days ago. The email in the trash is accessible only for a month or when you have overrun your Google storage. This is when you find it necessary to have an email backup.
You don’t need to have an expensive email backup solution, as they only need to burn the folders with necessary documents and pictures to a drive or even online every once a while just to ensure that in case of a crash, you can effortlessly acquire them back.
Instead you can check these simple email backup ways out to save both your time and money!
Check out: How to Send Emails as Attachments in Gmail
Easy Email Backup Techniques:
1. Using Outlook:
You can move email, calendar, and contacts from one email account to another for a backup using an Outlook app. As long as you are using your work email account, you are probably using an IMAP account or Exchange account.
They naturally backup emails in Outlook so that you can access it anytime, anywhere.
For backing up emails in local folders, you can delete or move it with Auto Archive or export to a .pst file, which can be restored later whenever needed by importing. Mails in .pst file are just the same like any other form. You can perform the actions that you do to a normal mail.
Exporting data from Outlook to a .pst file makes a copy of the data. While the data is not lost in Outlook, you can still access the same information in Outlook.
Exporting mails using Outlook:
- Open File. Go to Open & Export. Choose Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file for backing up in a local folder, and go to Next.
- Choose the file type as Outlook Data File (.pst), and select Next.
- Pick the mail folder from which you have to export and go to Next.
- Select a location and name to save the exported file, and then select Finish. You can enclose your backed up files with a password for security reasons.
Use Outlook for email backup when:
- You want to move data from an email account to another: Add any two accounts from which you want to back up the data. Using Outlook, export the data to .pst files from an account. You can import these files to the other emails for completing the process.
- You’re moving from device to device: If you are running your email in one computer with Outlook on it, and have to shift to another computer with Outlook on it, export the data from an Outlook account and import it to the other.
- You want backups periodically: You can regularly backup all of your emails and contacts to a safer place. After you have to do is create a .pst file, and copy it to a secure section: a USB flash drive, or a hard drive, or maybe cloud storage such as Dropbox.
2. Mac Email Backup using Mac mail:
Although there are many alternative methods to backup email in Mac Mail, one of the most efficient manner is using the Export Mailbox feature. Email Backup through Mac Mail creates a .mbox file on your computer.
Commonly, Mac users never give unnecessarily deleted valuable mails second thought. This process might also help them retrieve their mails and archive them.
Archiving the mails:
- Open up your Mac Mail.
- Select the mail from which you should backup, from the top- left menu.
- From the menu, choose the mailbox, then go to Export Mailbox.
- You will be asked to choose where you would backup your mailbox to. Once you have selected, opt the Choose button.
- You can repeat these steps for saving your mails for each mailbox as you require.
- Open your Mac Mail on your PC.
- In the top, under the File title, select Import Mailboxes.
- From the dropdown list, choose Mbox files or Apple Mail to import the data.
- You will now be indicated to name where your backed up Mbox files are saved.
- The messages are now in a new mailbox called Import. You can drag to choose the folders and emails from the Import to new or existing emails and then delete the Import section.
3. Thunderbird Email Backup – Step by Step
Thunderbird gives us the ability to email backup instead of deleting the mails and moving them to their default folders to free up space in the mailbox. This makes it easy for us to organize and make proper use of our emails.
Launch Thunderbird to configure your email. Check out this to launch Thunderbird.
After you set up your Thunderbird account, review your inbox to see if any mail is not recognized. You can sync it by selecting Get Messages.
To back up using Thunderbird, it is not as easy as it seems like since the email client doesn’t have an in-built export feature.
Yet, you can follow these steps:
- Create a new folder on your PC.
- Locate the email to be backed up in Thunderbird.
- Use CTRL + A to select all messages in the folder.
- Choose the Save As option by right-clicking.
- Find the folder and save it the folder to finish back-up. All your emails are backed up and now protected in that folder. Thunderbird will export all the mails in .eml.
4. Using Best Email Backup Software:
MailVault can back up an entire group’s mail into an integrated archive. There are search mechanisms that allow you to see and recover email from any customer, any email id, over any period.
Compatible with all standards-based mail servers, MailVault is available only for Microsoft Windows as well as Linux and helps you save money in the process.
In short, it makes email archiving and email backup easy and effortless.
Handy Backup is another great email backup software solution, which allows saving emails just in a few clicks. It provides a simple way for email backup from almost any web or local service by simplifying the mail export and import among different emails.
Handy Backup allows utilizing any storage backup emails, including drives, external network disks, FTP servers, commercial clouds like Dropbox or Google Drive, and public cloud services.
UpSafe- an excellent Gmail Backup Tool is uncomplicated yet productive solution for inter-cloud and cloud-to-local storage replication. You can free some space in your mail with the Archiving option. Backup all your emails and delete them from your Gmail.
You will access your mails in Backup View like reading text and documents, viewing attachments, and many more. Go for UpSafe, for easy Gmail backup and restore.
Routine data backups give us peace of mind. When a cyber crime, system flashes, or big disasters occur, you can just restart your devices to access all your lost data in the archives. It is never late to start saving crucial company information.
For best results, email backup copies are made on a constant, frequent base to lessen the amount of data lost between backups.
Also, these articles might help you:
- How to Send an Email that can’t be Traced
- Chrome Extensions for Coupons – A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned
- How to Access Remote Desktop Using TeamViewer