How do you make the most money with your blog?
Display Ads or Affiliate Marketing?
Display Advertisement is perhaps the most direct and effective way. But which advertising platform should you use makes all the difference.
Google Adsense is usually the go-to, but is it necessarily the best?
Ezoic, Mediavine and, Cafemedia are some of the Google premium certified publishing partners that accept a limited number of qualified publishers and help them increase earnings they deserve.
Ezoic with comparatively low publisher eligibility requirements and high acceptance rate stands first when it comes to increase AdSense earning.
Here is the most comprehensive Ezoic vs AdSense comparison in terms of revenue, ad control, performance, and user experience.
Ezoic is an AI-based advertisement platform and a Google AdSense Certified Partner, that uses AdSense ad inventory. Ezoic claims to use state-of-the-art machine learning technology to boost revenue and user experience.
So, let’s take a closer look at these two platforms so that you can make the perfect choice for your blog.
Ezoic vs AdSense Earnings
Ezoic can increase the revenue of your website by 300%+ from your previous site’s layout. That may sound like an exaggerated claim but it’s Ezoic’s technology that’s the game-changer here.
Using just the AdSense platform testing your ads through basic A/B tests might seem simple enough but, you’re losing out on a good chunk of potential revenue. Segmenting your traffic with A/B tests forces you to neglect a good portion of your audience. But a more thorough test is going to take you a lot more time. Ezoic presents a solution.
The Ezoic platform uses AI algorithms to test several thousands of ad placement combinations to evaluate what your visitors are more likely to click on. What could take you days to months, Ezoic can complete in a fraction of the time.
Ezoic optimizes your layout and ad placement to create a better user experience, this means a higher CPC, CTR, and CPC. And Ezoic has the numbers to prove their success.
Here are some of the success stories of the websites using Ezoic:
- Perfect-english-grammer.com receives global traffic from thousands of users looking to improve their English. Using Ezoic, the average time on the site grew by 43%.
2. Stream SEO, a blog dedicated to SEO statistics and strategies saw a 77% increase in revenue after switching from AdSense to Ezoic.
3. SimplyPsychology.org, a popular online hub for students and teachers of Psychology boosted their revenue by 400% and experienced 84% growth in time spent on their site, after using Ezoic.
Ezoic vs AdSense Dashboard
The AdSense dashboard is divided into 9 main sections:
- Home – Provides an overview of your performance and earnings
- Ads – Manage and set up your ads
- Sites – Allows you to manage the sites that you use with AdSense
- Blocking Controls – Allows you to control the ads that are displayed on your site
- Reports – Analytics that give you insights of your ad performance
- Optimization – Allows you to perform testing (A/B ad tests) to improve performance
The Ezoic Dashboard is split into 10 main sections:
- Home – provides an overview of your site
- Monetization – Allows you to link to your AdSense account, apply for Google’s Ad Exchange and configure your advertising settings
- Speed – This is the Site Speed Accelerator that allows you to test optimizations for your site to improve your site’s performance and speed for visitors
- Video – Allows you to host and monetize video content (Still in Beta Testing)
- SEO – SEO Tag Tester that allows you to optimize your page titles for URLs to promote more traffic to your content
- Privacy – Allows you to configure privacy settings such as GDPR and CCPA
- Analytics – Provides real time analytics of your ad performance
- Design – Layout tester that uses A.I. to test various layouts of your site to optimize performance and boost traffic
- Content – Allows you to manage content settings of your ads
- Settings – Allows you to manage various settings
The Ezoic dashboard offers several additional features that directly influence your ad performance and revenue, with their Layout Tester, SEO tag Tester, and Site Speed Accelerator being the most prominent additions over AdSense.
Control over Ad Placement
AdSense provides significantly less control over the ads displayed on your site. While AdSense does allow you to block and control specific advertiser URLs, the platform is limited in ad placement customization.
Ezoic however, allows users to place ads wherever they please, the platform then automatically tests and optimizes the best positions for these ads. It’s an intelligent system that continually works in the background to improve your site performance.
Ezoic vs AdSense Speed
AdSense includes a number of optimization features to boost speed and performance. Using AdSense’s auto ads feature, the platform allows you to focus your content customize the number of ads per page. Running ad tests and experiments can further maximize performance and boost site speed.
Ezoic’s Site Speed Accelerator can greatly optimize the speed of your site. The accelerator replaces the need for plugins, implementing all the features you would need to optimize the speed in a single place. It implements Critical CSS, Lazy loading images, Ad delay, and more automatically.
Ezoic vs AdSense Integration
Connecting your site to Google AdSense only requires you to create an AdSense account and then link your site or sites to it. From there it’s only a matter of pasting in the AdSense code into the header of your site to get started.
Integrating with Ezoic can be done in two ways, either through cloud integration or through the WordPress plugin. Cloud integration is perhaps the most popular, fast, and secure method of integration and can be completed by linking your Cloudflare account or updating your name servers to the Ezoic’s.
Furthermore, since Ezoic is a certified Google partner this allows you to link an existing AdSense network to your Ezoic account through the Mediation app that is a part of the Ezoic platform.
Both AdSense and Ezoic have effective support systems including regularly updated help centers with resources, tips, and troubleshooting tips. AdSense includes contact options that help identify your issues and emails are answered by support specialists within 2 business days.
Ezoic additionally includes several video tutorials on their website to address basic troubleshooting problems as well as articles dedicated to common queries. You can also get in touch with their support team through a live chat or by submitting a ticket for a more detailed query.
As long as your content complies with Google’s Program Policies and you meet the requirement of being at least 18 years old, you are free to participate in the Google AdSense program. Additionally, you need to have a Google account to sign up for the platform.
The Ezoic platform no longer requires 10,000 monthly site visits in order to be eligible however smaller publishers are provided with a slightly different setup process that prioritizes education on monetization practices and strategies.
AdSense vs Ezoic Payments
The payment options on Google AdSense include:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- Wire Transfer
The payment cycle is monthly and your earnings are issued by the month provided you meet the payment thresholds which vary by region and currency.
The payment options on Ezoic include:
- Direct Deposit
- International Wire Transfer via Payoneer
Recommended Video: How to SETUP EZOIC ADS and EZOIC LEAP
How much does AdSense pay per 1000 views?
Google AdSense uses a cost per click system and therefore the earnings you make depend entirely on the CPC rates determined by the advertisers.
How much of the ad revenue does Google take?
Google receives 32% as commission and publishers receive 68%.
Can AdSense be used on WordPress?
What are the highest paying niches for AdSense?
How much does Ezoic pay per 1000 views?
Ezoic pay per 1000 views can range from $ 0.30 to $ 10 for the traffic from tier 1 countries like USA, UK, Australia, Canada etc.
Are there ad policy requirements to be eligible for Ezoic Monetization?
Sites must comply with Google’s Ad Policy guidelines
What are the highest paying niches for Ezoic?
The highest paying niche for Ezoic in 2020 was the Home & Garden category
Can Ezoic slow down my site?
Ezoic is more likely to boost the performance of your site with tools such as the Site Speed Accelerator
In summary, while Google AdSense is by no means a bad advertising platform, Ezoic’s integration of A.I. to optimize your site’s ad placement and performance is likely to boost your earnings. Especially if your site experiences consistently high traffic that you would like to translate to higher earnings.
Ezoic, being a Google partner makes it easy to transition from AdSense, allowing you to keep your AdSense account while also experiencing the benefits of the Ezoic platform.
- 5 Steps How to Apply for Google AdSense – Complete Guide
- 4 Steps How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing (An Ultimate Guide for Beginners)
- 12 Proven Tips on How to Be a Successful Affiliate Marketer in 2021