What is a memory?
Memory refers to the psychological processes of acquiring, storing, retaining, and later retrieving information. Human memory involves the ability to both preserve and recover information.
Why Do We Remember Painful Memories?
Have you ever noticed that many times, painful memories tend to hang on for long periods of time? Research suggests that this is because of increased biological arousal during the negative experience, which increases the longevity of that memory
11 Best “Old Memory Quotes”
- “The past beats inside me like a second heart.”― John Banville
2. “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it.” ― Lois Lowry
3. “There are memories that time does not erase… Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.” ― Cassandra Clare
4. “Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.” ― L.M. Montgomery
5. “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.” ― haruki murakami
6. Life brings tears, smiles, and memories. the tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever. ― Malik Faisal
7. “Humans, not places, make memories.” ― Ama Ata Aidoo
8. Thins end but memories last forever ― Kumar Milan
9. A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever. ― Lori Robinson
10. The best thing about memories is making them ― Family by mary corbett.
11. Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. ― Kevin Arnold
Top 8 Most-Favorited Memory Quotes
- What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce. – Karl Lagerfeld
2. The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared. – Lois Lowry
3. Those sweet memories of my life spent with you are the best. They make me smile no matter what is going in my present life.
4. We never realize the value of something in our life until it becomes a memory.
5. A moment lasts for seconds but the memories lasts forever.
6. I knew that looking back on the tears would make me laugh but I never knew that looking back on the laughs would bring tears.
7. You may have lost things, persons in your life. But you can capture them in your memories forever.
8. “Life is shorter, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
8 Sweet Love Memory Quotes (RECOLLECTING)
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
2. Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
3. I miss the time spent with you, our chats and definitely you. What lovely memories we both have made together!
4. You may be gone from my sight but you are never gone from my heart.
5. The real moment has disappeared but you will always have the memories to remind you.
6. The real moment has disappeared but you will always have the memories to remind you.
7. How lucky you are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
8. We are no more bf-gf. We are strangers to each other but with lots of memories.
7 of My Favorite Friendships Memory Quotes (THROWBACK)
- A good friend knows all your best stories. A best friend has been there to live them with you.
2. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. – Elisabeth Foley
3. So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good. – Helen Keller
4. If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.
5. The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.
6. Our paths may change as life goes along but the bond between friends remains ever strong.
7. Good times & crazy make friends the best memories.
19 Unforgettable Memory Quotes (TOUCHING)
- Memories play a very confusing role, they make us laugh when we remember the times we cried but make us cry when we remember the times we laughed!
2. The heart that truly loves never forgets. – Proverb
3. It was an opportunity to honour our memories and to make room for new ones. – Jilly Pretzel
4. Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us. – Oscar Wilde
5. The best memories of our life can never be captured in pictures, they are always captured by heart.
6. Your memory is the glue that binds your life together, everything you are today is because of your amazing memory. – Kevin Horsley
7. Make memories in people’s hearts because your memories will be all that’s left of you when you’re gone.
8. Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.
9. Live your life so when you’re dying, you are smiling, even if everyone else is crying.
10. Never forget those memories of your life that made you both cry and laugh.
11. Never spend your fortune on the tangibles but on experiences and intangible moments that will someday become memories. – Jeremiah Say
12. At some part of life or the other, we all become memories for others. So make sure you be a good one.
13. It takes one thought, one second, one moment or positive memory to act as a catalyst for the light to gradually seep in again. – Fearne Cotton
14. Memories are always invisible to eyes but can be felt with heart.
15. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
16. Memories may fade as the years go by but they won’t age a day.
17. Make sure that your life is full of happy memories in the end.
18. A picture is worth a thousand words, but a memory is priceless.
19. You don’t just take a picture with a camera, you take it with your heart.
6 Sad & Painful Memory Quotes
- When you lose someone you loved, they are never really gone, they are in your heart forever
2. The worst feeling in the world is…… when you can’t love anyone else…..because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.
3. Sad memories are bad, but Good memories are the worst
4. It’s sad when someone can walk right by you and pretend you were never a big part of their life. – Jessica Butil
5. Letting go of your painful past is how you open yourself to a wonderful future.
6. Once upon a time you said I was your life