People who google for “Violet Evergarden Quotes” will surely be satisfied with the handpicked love letters delivered by Violet for the people searching for inspiration from anime characters’ lives.
My first and best Netflix anime that I’ve ever watched is Violet Evergarden.
Violet Evergarden is among the masterpiece and so is Violet Evergarden Quotes.
Even today, if someone asks me about a different genre slice of life, Violet Evergarden will be the first one.
From Saber looking Violet to amazing storytelling to heartbreaking scenes, it’s got everything.
It’s a romance anime with no stupid love triangles. Honestly, I wouldn’t say I like love triangles because they ruin the story.
Unlike other romance and a slice of life anime where both protagonists try to express their feelings and pull back the same moment, it’s different.
Violet Evergarden is set after a war.
Where we see Violet trying to understand her senior’s last words.
On her way, she encounters different forms of love, the love of a couple, the love of a mother for her child, the love of a father for her daughter who is no more, the love of a sister for her brother, the love of a son for her mother.
The story is beautiful as every story will show you a part of life and love you haven’t seen before.
Where to Watch?
If you get inspired by Violet Evergarden Quotes then give it a watch as well!
Best 8 Violet Evergarden Quotes
Many quotes in the story and movie are heart-touching, and I’ve picked some of the best Violet Evergarden Quotes. So without any delay, let the letters from Violet be open!
1. “I will run as fast as I can to wherever my customer desires. I am the Auto Memories Doll, Violet Evergarden.” – Violet Evergarden
This is one of Violet’s lines throughout the series because she wants to live the life her senior officer asked her to.
She was once a tool to kill people. Now she wants to change herself.
2. “Do I have any right after I killed so many people as a weapon? I must have prevented them from keeping promises of their own! Promises they made to loved ones of their own! Everything I’ve done so far has sparked a flame that is now burning me up.” – Violet Evergarden
After realizing that everyone in war is a human and has a family while trying to fulfill a promise herself and realizing that many contracts were left disappointed by her, it set her body and soul on fire.
3. “Live… and be free. From the bottom of my heart, I love you.” – Gilbert Bougainvillea.
This is one of the most heartbreaking Violet Evergarden Quotes.
Gilbert said this with his last breath, and he was saying this to Violet, who had no idea what those words meant because she was raised to be a tool and never knew any emotions. (Personal Favorite Violet Evergarden Quotes)
4. “I want to know what “I love you” means…” – Violet Evergarden
Every time someone said “I love you” in front of Violet, she kept asking what those words meant, and every time she related it with the talks told by Gilbert.(Personal Favorite Violet Evergarden Quotes)
5. “I want to know how he really feels.” – Charlotte Abelfreyja Drossel.
Charlotte wants to marry someone she loves but doesn’t know how he feels, so she asks Violet.
The letters sent before were more formal and were written by someone other than Charlotte, and the same was with the Groom’s side.
So Violet wrote a letter which was Charlotte’s words to get the reply from the prince himself. Another one of the beautiful Violet Evergarden Quotes captures the innocence of pure love.
6. “You’re going to learn a lot of things, But it might be easier to keep living if you didn’t learn them if you didn’t know them. You don’t realize your body is on fire and burning up because of the things you did. You’ll understand one day. And then you’ll realize for the first time that you have many burns.” – Claudia Hodgins
Hodgins said this before Violet realized what she did unknowingly.
But Hodgins was already aware of the things which she will face and realize eventually.
This quote tells that no matter what you did wrong because of any reason, you can forgive yourself and live on.
7.“I really, really wanted you not to have died. I had wanted you to live… to live and grow up.” – Oscar Webster.
When Oscar met Violet, he imagined her daughter in her, and when Violet wrote his book and did something which made him realize the dream of her daughter, he was in tears and said those words.
He wanted her daughter to grow up and see her childhood story come to life. (Personal Favorite Violet Evergarden Quotes)
8. “Thank you for making my dream come true. Thank you. I feel as though I’ve witnessed a miracle. I do not believe there is a god, but if there is, surely it must be you.” – Oscar Webster
The jump which Violet took, in the end, made the dream of Oscar come true, and that was to see her daughter again.
That’s why he said that if there is God, then it’s Violet because only God can bring a person back to life.
Enough with Violet Evergarden Quotes already? then why don’t you try some of my recommendations? Feel free to express your thoughts or some of your favorite Violet Evergarden Quotes in the comment section below!
- Best 5 Upcoming Spring Anime & Movies
- 5 Marvelous Slice Of Life Anime To Watch In The Summer Break
- 6 Bleach Quotes Which Have An Unbelievable Pragmatic Essence
- 15 Best Haikyuu Quotes To Motivate You
- Best 6 Shogo Makishima Quotes
- 5 Indomitable Emotionless Anime Guys (What Makes Them So Unique?)
- How To Watch Fate Anime Series In Right Order – Complete Guide
- Best Isekai Anime Of 2019 To Watch In 2021
- Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2021: All-Inclusive Categoric Discussion
- 5 Amazing Swordfight Anime To Give You Adrenaline Rush
FAQs on Violet Evergarden
Is Violet Evergarden based on a true story?
No, the story was not based on actual incidents but has been beautifully weaved by the author, making it so real. The story is so inspirational that viewers tend to think it’s true.
Does Violet Evergarden have a happy ending?
People tend to google this question after season 1. Even I did the same. Well, in season 1, there was not an actual “Happy Ending” but rather a devastating one! Folks do watch the movie, and I think the movie’s ending would be much better than season 1. I don’t want to give spoilers but don’t worry, and it won’t be as depressing as the 1st season.
How old is violet Evergarden supposed to be?
In season 1, when she wakes up in the hospital, she’s supposed to be 17-18 years old. From the clues dropped by anime, as Gilbert met her at the age of 10, she took part in the war at 14. Then she wakes up in a hospital and starts working, so it’s estimated that she is around the age of 16-18.
For more quotes and news keep following Hablr!