Banana Bread is soft and moist, it has a cakey texture and will not turn dry like other bread. Yeast is used while preparing bread to make it airy and give it a raise, but it can be skipped.
The Banana bread recipe started being acknowledged in the 1930s
Usually, we tend to throw away over-ripe bananas, but housewives had a great idea in their mind and started baking banana bread, what is the best alternative to throwing away food? Banana Bread is also called ‘Banana Cake’ in the Philippines.
Did you throw the banana which was sitting around in your fruit basket and had black spots?
It was among the 1.4 million bananas which get wasted every day around the world.
Ingredients required for banana bread:
- Banana is cholesterol-free, fat-free, a good source of fiber, and sodium free.
- Melted butter tends to make the bread soft and dense.
- Baking soda and Egg give the bread a rise without adding yeast.
- Powdered Sugar will give a creamy texture.
- Vanilla extract to eliminate the odor of eggs.
- All-purpose flour to create a soft bread.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 Bread loaf mould
- 1 mixing bowl
- 2-3 no. Ripe Bananas,
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1+1/2 cup All purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to180 degrees celsius
- Grease a bread mold with butter
- Beat egg and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl
- Pour in melted butter, mashed banana, and vanilla extract
- Sieve in all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt
- Pour the batter into the bread mold and cook at 180-degree celsius in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes
- Remove from the oven, let it cool down and slice it.
Banana Breadper serving: calories 102, fat 1.1g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 130mg, potassium 144mg, carbohydrates 21.7g, protein 2.1g.
Also try this: Homemade Pumpkin Cookies
Direction for making Banana Bread:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Grease a 4×9 inch bread mold with butter and place a butter paper or sprinkle with all-purpose flour, so that bread comes out easily without sticking to the mold.
In a mixing bowl beat 1 large egg with a stand blender until it gets frothy.
Many a times egg yolk is not added in cake batter or bread batter just because egg yolk has a unwanted smell and it can give a bad odour to the cake or bread.
Keep beating the egg and add 3/4 cup powdered sugar in small portions. Beat both ingredients till the mixture turns creamy.
Pour in melted 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 1 tsp vanilla extract, and beat till the frothy mixture of egg and butter gets together.
Vanilla extract is mandatory if you will be beating eggs in the batter according to the above recipe, vanilla extract will remove the bad odor.
Mash 2 to 3 ripe bananas in a separate bowl and mix in beaten eggs
All wet ingredients of banana bread are incorporated well.
Sieve in 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
*Why add salt in sweet dishes? Salt completes the dish whether it is a sweet dish or savory. Salt will enhance the flavor of bananas and sweetness.
* Always sieve dry ingredients in wet ingredients so that no lumps are formed and everything is mixed properly and formed into a cake batter. At this point you can add nuts of your choice like cashew, almonds, walnut or anything else. you can also add cinnamon or cardamom powder for flavor if you want.
The Banana Bread batter is ready. Now pour this batter into a bread loaf mold and bake it for around 45 to 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Insert a toothpick or tester in the banana bread to check if it is cooked, if the tester comes out clean then the bread is well cooked. Do not overcook otherwise the bread will turn crumbly.
Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Once the pan cools down remove the bread from the pan, let it cool down and now slice and serve it.
The Banana Bread slice is ready to serve.
Why you would love this recipe
Banana Bread tastes just like cake and is to be savored slowly sipping a cup of tea or a glass of milk. Ripe bananas used in this recipe contributes to the significant sweetness.
How to store banana bread
Cover banana bread in cringe wrap and store it on shelves or else freeze cringe-wrapped to store it longer.
What goes well with banana bread?
Banana Bread is a tea-time cake and goes well with tea, coffee, or milkshake.
Banana Bread stays fresh for how many days?
It stays fresh for up to 4 days without freezing.
What are the possible substitutes?
Instead of beating eggs in banana-bread batter pour in 1 teaspoon of vinegar while mixing in wet ingredients and beat together.
Instead of all-purpose flour, wheat flour can be added to make the bread healthy.
Homemade Pumpkin Cookies https://hablr.com/homemade-pumpkin-cookies/#more-25185
Peanut Butter Breadhttp://Homemade Pumpkin Cookies https://hablr.com/homemade-pumpkin-cookies/#more-25185