This restaurant-worthy Cheesecake recipe is comforting, its rich, creamy, and delicious, make it today and eat by tonight
In cheesecakes, the best part is its crust, and this recipe has a ‘Graham Cracker Crust’.
Cheesecake is a two or three-layered sweet dessert. The bottom layer is a crust made from crushed cookies, graham crackers, or a sponge cake. The second layer made with the mixture of cheese, eggs, and sugar is the best layer craved by everyone. If there is a third layer, it is usually topped with berries, fruits, fruit sauce, chocolate, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, nuts,
It can be flavored with lemon, vanilla, chocolate, pumpkin, or spices
Cheesecake is also classified as the following:-
- Flan or tart because there is an absence of flour
- Custard Pie
- Torte due to usage of many eggs
In ancient Greece, a form of Cheesecake was a popular dish.
Greek Physician, ‘Aegimius’ wrote a book on the Art of making cheesecake
‘De Agri Culture’ book of Cato the Elder has the earliest mention of three cheesecakes made for religious use that is Libum, Savillum, and Placenta. The crust in Placenta Cheesecake is separately prepared and baked.
Modern Cheesecakes are of two types, on crumbled cookie base there is a layer of uncooked cream cheese this type was invented in the U.S.
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Base Cheesecake
- Graham Cracker crumbs are made from sweet American crackers of whole wheat flour
- Melted Butter, Sugar, and Sea Salt to stiffen and add flavor to the crust.
- Cream Cheese and Sour Cream for the main thickest layers
- Eggs and All Purpose Flour are mixed in to get the cream together to stay still.
- Vanilla Extract and Sugar for flavor.
Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Stand Mixer/Eleceti Hand Whisk
- 1 Stringform Pan
- 1 Oven
- 1.5 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 5 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- pinch of Sea Salt
For Cream Cheese Batter
- 2.5 pounds Softened Cream Cheese
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 unit Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Feranehit.
To make Graham Cracker Crust
- In a food processor add 1.5 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs, 5 tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter, 1 tbsp Sugar, and a pinch of Sea Salt.
- In a 9" or 10" springform pan, press the processed crust firm without any cracks.
To make Cream Cheese Batter
- Make use of an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. In a mixing bowl add 2.5 pounds of Softened Cream Cheese, 1.5 cups Sugar, and 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour.
- Start mixing on medium speed until the flour gets in together and then mix on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until the batter is soft and fluffy.
- Mix in 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract and totatl5 eggs, 1 egg at a time until it is completely mixed.
- Turn down the speed and add 1/2 cup Sour Cream, mix together for a minute.
- Pour this batter over the crust in the springform pan leaving a 1-inch space on the top. Level the top.
- Place the pan over a rectangular pan and pour warm water around the springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Cool down the cheesecake and then refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Wet a butter knife with warm water, wipe and run through the edges of the cake. Open the buckle of the pan and lift the base above.
- Dip a cutting knife in warm water, wipe it and make a cut, repeat the same process before cutting each slice.
- To the slice of cheesecake with whipped cream, fruits, fruit sauce, and chocolate.
Nutritional ValueCheesecake with Graham Crust, per 100gm 321 calories, 23g Total Fat, 55mg Cholesterol, 26g Carbohydrates, 438gm Sodium, and 90mg Potassium.
Directions For Graham Cracker Cheesecake
First, let’s get to the directions on how to make Graham Cracker Crust base
In a food processor add graham cracker crumbs, and melted unsalted butter, and sprinkle in just a bit of sugar, and a pinch of sea salt.
Process this on low speed or pulse it on high, either is fine we just want it to get combined almost like a pie crust.
Form it into a 9-inch pan or 10-inch springform pan. Press the crust with a measuring cup or a bowl with a flat base. Make sure it is compacted into the bottom of the pan. The crust needs to be perfect with no cracks.
What is a springform pan?
The springform pan has a buckle on the side that helps connect the outside to the bottom of the pan. This pan is used for recipes like rigatoni pie, and tart which need to be released and can still rise to the top and come out easily.
For the second layer
Use a stand mixer or electric hand whisk. In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, sugar, and all-purpose flour.
Whisk all three ingredients together on medium speed so that the flour doesn’t fly everywhere. Then turn on high speed and whisk for 4 to 5 minutes.
Scrape cream cheese from the bottom after 2 to 3 minutes of whisking and again whisk until light and fluffy.
Pour in vanilla essence while the batter is whisking. Mix in eggs one at a time in the mixing bowl. Eggs and fats do not tend to mix, so make sure the eggs are incorporated well.
Take the speed down to medium and add in sour cream. Blend it and scrape again with a spatula. Beat again until everything combines.
Once the batter is fluffy pour it into the springform pan leaving a gap of 1 inch at the top. Level the cheese cream batter with a spatula. Transfer the springform pan to a rectangular pan and pour water into the rectangular pan so that moisture is created in the oven and there are no cracks on the top.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Take out the cheesecake from the oven and let it rest until it gets to room temperature. Then completely cool it in the refrigerator.
Take a butter knife, wash it under hot water and run it through the edges of the pan. Undo the buckle and lift the pan above.
Take a container or pan of hot water while slicing the cheesecake. Dip the knife in hot water, wipe with a towel and make a slice in the cake. Again clean the knife before making another cut in the cake because cheesecake chunks will be all over the top making it look messy.
Remove the slice of Graham Crust Cheesecake. Top it up with fresh whipped cream to give a classy look, you can also pour a spoonful of raspberry sauce on the top.
Why you would love this recipe?
The creamy tangy flavor of Cream Cheese and Sour Cream with the sweetness from Sugar, along with the Buttery taste of the Graham Crust.
It is a tummy-filling slice that soothes your soul and satisfies your taste buds.
How to store?
Put the cheesecake in an air-tight container and refrigerate it to increase its longevity for 2-3 days maximum.
Best Before Date of Cheesecake.
Homemade Cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days and not more than that.
Store-bought cheesecake can be stored for 5-7 days.b
What goes well with cheesecake?
Cheesecake can go well with tea or coffee if you are having it as an evening snack.
What allergens does cheesecake have?
Baked American cheesecake has allergens like milk, egg, and sulfite. Do check the list of ingredients on the pack of a store-bought cheesecake.
Homemade Pumpkin Cookies https://hablr.com/homemade-pumpkin-cookies/#more-25185
Peanut Butter Breadhttp://Homemade Pumpkin Cookies https://hablr.com/homemade-pumpkin-cookies/#more-25185