The ever-evolving and growing LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) community has spread its root all over the world. This calls for new and more inclusive terms that can represent the diversity of the community.
As more and more terms are introduced, they can be hard to keep track of as they keep getting longer with the addition to the acronym. So far, there have been multiple expressions proposed and each of them is as complex as the other.
The LGBT community represents the diverse sexual orientations and gender identities of people. Every year there are newer and longer terms that come into existence so that even the very niche people who may or may not be a part of the LGBT community can feel involved.
However, multiple terms are either similar or repetitive. This makes them easier to understand even though it might be confusing at times. In this article, we explore the meaning of LGBTQIAPK and what it stands for.
What Does LGBTQIAPK Stand For?
LGBTQIAPK is an acronym that directly stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual, and Kink.
Out of these, 6 of the words are related to sexual orientation while 2 are related to gender identities. Kink is not necessarily belonging to either of these categories but in fact, is there to represent the niche group of people who wish to express their sexuality in ways that may be not socially accepted.
Below I will list out the various sexual orientations and identities that are covered under LGBTQIAPK and give a brief explanation about what they are:
Recommended Read: What does LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA Stand For? Meaning and Full-Form
Sexual orientation can be defined as a person’s interest in a particular gender to pursue a romantic or sexual relationship. Here are the categories of sexual orientation that have been mentioned in the term LGBTQIAPK.
- Lesbian – A homosexual woman who is only attracted to the same gender, i.e. other women.
- Gay – A homosexual man who is only attracted to the same gender, i.e. other men.
- Bisexual – When a person is attracted to both men and women. Bisexuals can be attracted to more than one gender.
- Questioning – Individuals who are unsure of the gender they wish to pursue in order to form a romantic connection and are still exploring their tastes.
- Queer – Person who doesn’t identify themselves as heterosexual or cisgender. They can be straight, gay or bisexual as long as they’re attracted to a gender.
- Asexual – Asexuals are people who are not sexually attracted to other individuals. They can be in relationships but they do not have an existing sex drive in particular.
- Pansexual – People who are attracted to all sexual orientations regardless of their gender identities.
Gender Identity can be defined as what an individual perceives to be their gender. Individuals can have the same gender identity as the one they were born or they may change it later in life according to the gender identity they wish to correlate themselves with.
- Transgender – Transgenders are individuals that willingly change their identity as opposed to the sex they were originally born in. In most cases, they wish to live the lifestyles of the opposite gender.
- Intersex – People who have both male and female characteristics. These may range from genitalia to chromosomes or gonads from either men or women.
What does the K stand for in LGBTQIAPK?
K stands for Kink – There are many ways to define kink that may be extraordinary broad or super specific. It may be defined as the unconventional sexual fantasies of a person that may involve BDSM (bondage & discipline, dominance & submission, sadochism & masochism).
Recommended Watch: A Hilarious Video on “rating YOUR kinks 😈”